Montelongo Asesores advises on the different types of licenses for commercial or business establishments that require a premises, whether open to the public or not. Such businesses need to process and obtain a MUNICIPAL OPENING LICENSE. This license, as the name implies, grants the right to open the establishment to the public and begin the business development. In the vast majority of cases, the Opening License will be granted by the corresponding City Council, although there may be cases where other types of authorizations issued by other supramunicipal administrations (large areas, large recreational parks , industries). Exemption from the requirement to obtain a license is a large part of the professional activities such as lawyers, architectural or engineering offices, etc., although they must make a communication to the City Council, which is comprehensive, the required square meters, facilities , etc. Although it may be difficult to understand for those who are not accustomed to dealing with this matter, the processing of a Municipal Opening License will vary greatly depending on the City Council with which you are dealing. The reason is that there is no procedure regulated in the Law for this type of process, bringing into play a multitude of regulations in different areas (sanitary, environmental – noise, noise, waste, etc.), technical codes, handicapped, tax) apart from the specific ones that may affect the business in question (sanitary authorizations, X-rays, waste disposal, etc.). But in all municipalities we will find two well-differentiated common procedures:
- License to open a new building.
- Change of ownership of the license.
- Study to verify that the required soundproofing is complied with.
- Hygiene Plan in the Restoration business case.
- Supra-municipal authorizations.
- Commercial license: commerce, office, public administration, department stores, beauty center, hairdresser, gym.
- Industrial license: workshop, building, warehouse, premises, ship, public and private garage.
- License for specific projects and alternative energies: Electrical installations, fire-fighting, plumbing, heating installations, boiler rooms, solar thermal, photovoltaic, underfloor heating, fire protection, boiler rooms and air conditioning.
- Recreational license: hotel, inn, cottage, restaurant, cafeteria, disco, pubs, recreation or leisure room, cinema, theater, exhibition hall.
- Sanitary license: dental clinics, medical and hospital centers, laboratories, veterinary clinics.
In case of a TECHNICAL PROJECT and / or TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE, we can also facilitate its execution through an INGENIERO INDUSTRIAL SUPERIOR collaborator, who will be in charge of everything necessary to comply with the established requirements.